Senior System Engineer and Project Manager
Aerodata AG, Germany
Mr. Musmann is a Senior System Engineer and Project Manager in the Competence Center Flight Inspection (CC-F) of Aerodata AG in Braunschweig, Germany.
He has studied Aeronautical Engineering at the Institute for Flight Guidance and Control at the Technical University of Braunschweig. During his studies he already gained first experience in flight inspection by working on:
- Analysis on the availability of GNSS considering satellite outages due to maintenance and failures
- Development of an automatic test environment for flight inspection systems
- Development of a new cockpit man-machine interface for visualization of flight guidance during flight inspection
In the year 2000 he graduated as Aeronatical Engineer (Dipl. Ing) and joined the Competence Center Flight Inspection of Aerodata AG.
Until now, within Aerodata’s Competence Center Flight Inspection, he has been responsible for:
- Development of flight inspection software
- Flight Inspection System architecture
- Project management for Flight Inspection Projects
- Commissioning and training courses for Flight Inspection Systems in various countries all over the globe
- System Safety Analysis
- Project management for aircraft modification and airworthiness certification
- Development of new flight inspection capabilities for Procedure Validation, RNAV, PBN, RNP, GBAS and ADS-B
- Development and certification of autopilot interfaces for special mission applications
- Development of cockpit displays for special mission applications
Besides his professional skills in aviation, he also holds a private pilot license including flight instructor license and is an aerobatic pilot with approx 2500 flight hours as pilot in command.
Address: Frank Musmann